Being green isn’t only good for the planet, it’s good for business. Here are 5 ideas to get your 2012 off to a greener, more profitable start.
1. Cut Energy Costs—You’ve heard the adage that it’s cheaper to save energy than to make it? Put that into practice with a top-to-bottom energy efficiency audit that includes a plan for recouping your upgrade costs.
2. Improve Processes—Boost your green impact by creatively slimming how you work. What elements of what you make, package, and ship can be eliminated without compromising safety and usage? Where can you digitize and streamline steps to reduce hand-offs, bottlenecks and missed opportunities?
3. Pursue a Triple Bottom Line—Consumers are increasingly weighing a company’s sustainability profile before they buy. Measure success by your company’s ability to positively impact People and the Planet, as well as your Profits. You’ll gain a competitive marketing edge as a bonus.
4. Support Sustainable Partners—Strengthen your business community by working with local suppliers who share your green mindset.
5. Share Your Success—Demonstrate your commitment to making the world a better place for everyone, and then make sure your employees, customers, and shareholders know about it.
Need some help getting started? Big or small, I can help you use a green advantage to attract customers, inspire employees and and close sales. Call me to talk about creating a cost-effective social media and marketing campaign for your business’ 2012 success.